Friday, October 13, 2006

Peaceful Elegance


I am not necessarily an "Amethyst" person, but I had a piece of Amethyst cardstock laying in my scrap pile, so I decided to see what I could come up with. I chose the set Heartfelt Thanks, my favorite from last year's catalog, and picked out some markers to color my stamp. Using Amethyst, Regal Rose, Celery, with little Apricot watercolored in, I was able to get the restful, serene look I was after. The flower is stamped on Vanilla cardstock, sponged & speckled with Regal Rose, which is torn to match the Celery that it is layered on. I stamped half of the Amethyst cardstock with the single flower from Heartfelt Thanks, stamped and cut out the Thanks stamp, and mounted them all on a folded piece of Ivory Naturals cardstock. The two Amethyst brads that I found in my stash seem to pull it all together. Another quick & easy template to follow!
Is it time to pull out that 2-step stamping set??? :)

No comments: