Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oh, Did I Have Fun Today!!

Guess where I went today?????? To the open house at Gina K's new retail store in McFarland, WI!!! Oh, what a neat store! And Gina is so sweet. She had the back table full of cardstock and Basic Grey Figgy Pudding stacks and punches and stamps and ribbon, and just let us sit and create. I even got to try Prismacolors and Odorless Mineral Spirits (tradename Gamsol)!! Here's my first try. I bought the mineral spirits, but I have to wait to use them too much until I get the cool bottle that captures most of the smell. Unfortunately, it was twice as much as the mineral spirits!! I love the look that the technique gives. It's a softer feel than markers. However, that does not mean that I won't be trying the Copics if I can get my hands on them!!!!!

Gina's store is the perfect stamping store, in my humble opinion. There isn't so much stuff to look at that it is completely overwhelming, all your favorites are there... primas, Gina's stamp sets, brads, ribbon, scalloped punches, 6x6 pads of Basic Grey (& other!) designer paper, Bazzill, adhesive, alterables, etc., etc. The only problem I found was that I wanted one of everything!!! :)

Her classroom area is gorgeous. Well lighted, beautiful tables, a counter at just the right height to cut paper... even coffee & chocolate! (Well, at least the chocolate was there today!!)

So... if you're anywhere near Madison, WI anytime, be sure to stop in and tell Gina hi. Tell her that Tricia sent you!! :)

4 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, I'm so envious!!! I would love to see her new store! Your card is so cute -- I just love that snowman!

Trish D said...

I'm jealous, too. The only stamping stores I have in driving distance are chain craft stores (and generally I know much more about the products than anyone else that works there. So much for getting help!) The card looks great - you did a wonderful job shading the snowman.

Anonymous said...

I've had the exact same problem with some of my stickles. I just took a sewing needle and poked it down the neck, which stretched it a little bit (I think some of the glitter is a bit too big) and they work fine now. Hope that works for you!! Nana Diana (on splitcoast) Kraftin' Kimmie's Mom.

Ashley said...

Oh, HOW NEAT!! I would have loved a chance to see the new store! I hop eyou had a great day!! Have a great day! Hugs!

www.ashleyscreativecorner.com