Sunday, September 21, 2008

Birthday Bear

It was so fun to get to sit down and stamp yesterday and today!  I caught up on a few challenges and made enough cards to post one a day for the next week.  Yay!! :)  This card is for the PaperTake Sketch Challenge from last Monday.  I used a sweet Penny Black bear that was in my image stash, colored him with Prismacolors and OMS and then mounted him on an assortment of DP from my K&Co McKenna and Bailey Mat Pads.  I love the mat pads.  They are only 4 x 6, but they aren't very expensive and you can make a *lot* of cards with them.

The hardware is retired SU, and something I hardly ever use, so it was surprised to find itself on a card!! :)  Hope this week finds you able to get a little crafting in - and hopefully sending some cards as well.  Cammie has a challenge on her blog to send a card to a caregiver for someone with Alzheimers Disease.  What a good reminder!  My uncle has Alzheimers and it's been ages since I wrote her a note... maybe last Christmas??  To super encourage us, she's also offering a chance at some unbelievable blog candy.  I hardly ever, ever, ever win blog candy, but I *do* want to write my aunt, so that will be my reward.  I think I'll even use this card.  (edited to add... OOPS!!  Wrong card.  I'm sending her the Elzybells one I made, but it won't be up for a day or two. Silly Me!!)

3 comments:

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely card! So cute! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the patterned paper that you have used and that image is so cute!! :)kathy

Tammi said...

So happy to see you made some cards! This is adorable..and I love those pads too!