Thursday, March 12, 2009

Clean & Simple

As I've done more blogging and seen the gorgeous creations, I've found myself working harder and harder to make gorgeous cards myself.  Unfortunately, most of those cards are not mailable - except with extra postage, in a padded envelope.  When I was a demo I was very careful that my cards were classy - but quick and fairly flat.  I used a lot of eyelets, brads and some ribbon, but seldom thick ribbon or buttons because they were harder to mail.  I mentioned yesterday that I'd come across a box of precut card kits.  I'm so looking forward to using them!  So a lot of the cards you see during the weeks ahead are going to be simple.  I'll add little extras here and there, but what I really want is to fill up a stash of beautiful, easy to mail cards... to get back to my blog title of "Simply Stamping".  

In light of that, I joined the Clean & Simple challenge over on SplitCoast yesterday to make a clean and simple card with the colors blue and green.  Granted this is *really* clean and simple, but it's the kind of card I would be drawn to if I picked up notecards at Target, so why does it feel like cheating when I stamped it???

Here's today's tip... for colored cards that come together quickly, keep your line art images fairly basic.  This stamp is one of my all time favorites.  The color choices aren't difficult and it took me less than 2 minutes to color! :)

On another note... Blog Candy alert!!!  Some of you may not know that I own a Christian Dayplanner business called GraceWorks Purpose Planners.  One of the systems that we carry - The Beautiful Life Management System - has become a favorite for many women who are trying to keep up with their housework, their walk with the Lord and the rest of their busy life.   If you're interested in knowing more about it, check out these posts by Jenn of A Beautiful Calling, and watch for a huge giveaway tomorrow!!! :)

4 comments:

Debbie Griffin said...

This my friend, is one of the joys of campus mail! They don't charge anything extra to send those bulky cards no matter how big they get! :-)

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Oh, I didn't even know you had other blogs. I am just learning to make my own cards! I bought a box of 2000 blank linen cards with envelopes off ebay for $0.99 plus shipping ($35.00) and am trying to make my own cards for everything. More personal and I am trying to be frugal too.
I'll have to follow along on your blog for ideas!!

PS. I was too excited about our giveaway so I posted it today instead :)

Teresa said...

GREAT card!!! I love CAS- and you do it beautifully!

Tammi said...

I love your simple card, pretty! I used to have that set. :)