Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blog Hop Tonight!

The challenge for this month's PaperTrey Ink Blog Hop was to use one of Lauren's Timeless Templates and make a project.  I love some of the templates, but I hadn't purchased any yet - partly because I didn't have a Scor-Pal and it seemed like it would be a lot easier with one.  But... PTI does have two free templates, so I decided to give it a try.

The template I chose to work with is called Recipe Wrap Up.  It's a cute little folder with 6 inside pockets, especially sized to fit the PTI recipe cards.  I made my folder with Sweet Blush cardstock and covered it here and there with some Sweet Pea dp by Basic Grey.  I used my Martha Stewart Doily Punch to edge the brown cardstock that covers the spine, and embellished the front of the Wrap Up with Sweet Blush Ribbon, some primas and a tag stamped with a quilt block from Quilter's Sampler & a sentiment from Holiday Treats.

On the inside I stamped a row of quilt blocks on an angle in Regal Rose ink, and used the template included in the download to make some monthly cards to record upcoming birthdays.  I stamped them lightly with a quilt block and added a cheater's bow to the pockets.

My verdict??  The templates are easy to follow, beautiful and sturdy.
My suggestions??  #1 - Don't use a cheater bow when you have already taped the pockets down with Scor-Tape or equivalent.
#2 - Do not attempt this without a Scor-Pal unless you have oodles of patience.
#3 - After you buy the Scor-Pal, buy more templates!! :)

Thanks for stopping!

Tricia

32 comments:

Lisa said...

Great project.

Nancy L. said...

Soooo pretty!

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful use of the template! Love the soft colours you used!

Erin said...

I love the colors!

Natasha said...

This is fabulous!

Lori said...

I really like the vintage feel of your project. Great way to keep track of important dates!

Lauren (mytime) said...

So simply beautiful!

AKiteFlier said...

Very fun and beautiful project and I loved your commentary at the end - I agree these might be harder to do without a scor-pal and love that you said - once you have your scor-pal to buy more templates LOL - YEP! That's what we do :-) TFS

Janelle said...

OK, now splurge on the Scor-Pal (it is so worth it!). You did a great job on the project. I love that template, too - and you'll love it even more when you get your Scor-Pal :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just beautiful!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful work!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

You "need" a scor-pal! Your project looks wonderful without it though.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Vicky said...

very pretty!!! once you buy a scor-pal, you'll wonder how you ever got by without one! love your project!

peggysue said...

Nice soft colors. The scoring blade on a cutter will work with them too, just FYI.

Verda said...

lovely project and beautiful colors

Marge said...

So soft & so beautiful & very useful! Love it!

Deanna said...

Stunning Tricia! Guess what... just bought a Scor Pal... teehee!

Regan said...

great idea, great project!

Kevin Renz said...

Hey Tricia,

Fancy seeing you around :) Love what you did with the template. Your color choices are awesome.

Stacy said...

OH My, this is so beautiful! I love it!

Susan said...

So beautiful! What great colors you used.

BethieJ said...

This is so pretty!!! Love the colors you used!

ljurecek said...

Thanks for the ideas for this template. This really turned out nice!

Diane said...

Great job, Tricia! This is beautiful!!!

Deb said...

Your work is beautiful and really inspires me. I left something for you on my blog :)

Ally said...

Very pretty! Love your tips as well, lol!

Terri said...

Nice job. I especially like how you incorporated the quilt blocks.

Dana Gustafson said...

Pretty! I love the papers you chose. They are so soft and romantic together. GReat job on the wrap up.

mamaliu said...

So pretty! Love the stamped pattern on the inside!

Lisa H. said...

glad you decided to try one out and play along. your project turned out super cute! love the distressing you added.

Babies-Beth said...

Such pretty colors, and so 'soft', I love it!

Laurie Wilson said...

Just gorgeous calender holder you made!