Friday, August 28, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Peek - Day 1


It’s finally here! The first day of sneak peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps!! I have samples for two extremely versatile sets today - I A-Door You and The Grind.


Let’s start with I A-Door You. (A little rabbit trail here… Do any of you remember the old song “K-k-k-aty, beautiful Katy, you’re the only g-g-g-girl that I adore…”?? My mom sang it to my dd, Katlyn, when she was a little girl and everytime I see the name of this stamp set I think of it! :-) It makes me smile…) This is a super fun set of 17 images and sentiments, all centered around a welcoming door. There is *so* much you can do with this set! It would be wonderful for gift tags, housewarming cards or gifts, and recipe cards to name just a few ideas.


For my first card, I decided to paper piece the door using some coordinating paper from The Paper Loft. If you look hard you can see that I added a little shading with copics, just to add some depth. I stamped the little pitcher of flowers on white cardstock, colored it with Copics and cut it out to put it on the little “shelf”. I love how the paper piecing makes it look like there’s a branch outside of the window! :-)



The next card takes the door an entirely different way. Using my Chocolate Chip SU marker, I scribbled in some wood-grain onto the door frame. (Be sure to add a few knotholes… it makes it look more realistic.) Then I colored the door with Prismacolor pencils and oms. The kitty was colored with Prismas as well. I sponged my stitching and the torn edge so it would blend in with the “rustic” look. The sentiment (a-door-able, isn’t it?) was stamped with PTI Fresh Snow ink.



For the next set - The Grind - I decided to make a quick little project with a pint-sized coffee bag that I picked up at a stamping rummage sale a few weekends ago. I have older sisters that just love coffee, and I thought it would be fun to make a coffee themed gift bag for Christmas or their birthday. I started with a plain kraft coffee bag (the kind that’s plastic lined on the inside) and stamped some coffee beans and words in a pattern on both the front and back of the bag. I actually stamped the back of the bag upside down, so the words would be right side up when I rolled it. I colored the grinder with copics and prismacolor pencils and stamped some more coffee beans and an extra drawer, which I colored and popped up. I attached this to the folded over layer of the bag. The other coffee beans are attached to the bag itself. Wouldn’t that be a fun gift filled with a couple of single pot coffee selections?? Maybe the Ghiradelli Chocolate Peppermint coffee that Target had in the $1 spot last year??? MMMMmmmmm!!



My last card for today is probably my favorite. I paper pieced the tall cup on kraft cardstock and popped up some coffee beans colored with copics. I distressed the edges of the coffee layer with cocoa ink, added some stitching and a fancy brad. I love the clean layout and the fact that it could be sent to either a guy or a gal.


So, what do you think?? Be sure to visit Lori’s blog to see the full set and check out the other gals on the team who have sneak peeks to share. I know you’ll be impressed!! Then be *sure* to come back tomorrow cuz I have two more “purrfectly a-door-able” sets to share!!


--------------------------------

Don’t Miss Today’s Sneak Peeks!!!


I a-door you / Hockey time / Romans 8 / The grind

Lori McCroskey

Angela Thomas

Candy Fosta

Cassie Trask

Katie Renz

Kim Teasdale

Laurie Wilson

Linda Anderson

Sarah Taylor

Shawne Arnold

Stacy Morgan

Trudy Sjolander


-------------------------------


Bloom

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: I A-Door You
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Bazzill Light Blue, White, Paper Loft DP, Olive
INK: Memento
MARKERS (if any): Copic... R59, W5, B00, YG03, R29, R22, Y21
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Martha Stewart Doily Punch, White Gel Pen, Brads
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): Paper piecing


Rustic Door

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: I A-Door You
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Creamy Caramel, Vanilla, Black
INK: Memento Black, Fresh Snow, Memento Desert Sand
MARKERS (if any): Copic... BG10, SU... Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Sewing Machine, buttons
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics & Prismacolors w/oms
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): I made the wood grain by scribbling with a Chocolate Chip SU marker and then going over it with Prismas and OMS.


Coffee Bean Gift Bag

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: The Grind
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: White GP
INK: Memento Black
MARKERS (if any): Copic... E37, E49, YG91, E33
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: kraft lined coffee bag
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics & Prismacolors
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): 3-D item, Stamping a Background


A Steaming Cup of Coffee

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: The Grind
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Kraft, Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, DP - Around the Block
INK: Memento Black, Cocoa
MARKERS (if any): Copic E37, E49
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: stitching, brad, dimensionals, sponge dauber
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Prismacolors & OMS, Copic
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): Paper Piecing


5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, love the door image.
luv
Debby

Candy F. said...

Wow -- all of your designs rocked today!

Cassie said...

Such lovely cards, Tricia ;D

Unknown said...

WOW Tricia!
I love all of you beautiful creations! You are a very talented lady!
I am so glad to be on the team with you!
Hugs!
True : )

Stacy Morgan said...

These are all great cards!