Friday, August 05, 2011

Mouse in Boots

Do you still use any of your older supplies and tools?  I pulled out my eyelets, narrow grosgrain ribbon and my mini zigzag scissors for this card, as well as some older SU paper and the Canvas background stamp.  Combined with the newer look of Copics and stitching, I think the old and new really spice each other up!

On a sad note, my Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch died the other day, and since I only had that and a plain scallop punch for my borders, I'm really missing it.  I'm wishing that I could find one of the SU scalloped border and corner punches from a year or so ago to replace it with, but we'll have to see.  Money is a little tight right now, so perhaps I'll just "make do".  Necessity is the mother of invention, right??? :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

LI love how it turned out!

Cheryl said...

This card is soooo cute, and I love that little mouse. I didn't know that punches could quit on you. For some reason, I thought they were indestructible. Guess I should take better care of them.

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic card!! I love that you used the "older" things -- eyelets and the narrow grosgrain. Sorry about the punch -- that's happened to me before, too, no fun at all!