Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pretty Pansies


Good morning, friends!  

Did you think I fell off the planet?
After the week of challenges at SplitCoast, I think my creative brain shut down. : )  That's ok, because I have LOADS to share with you over the next number of weeks!

Today's card was made with the Flourishes Botanical Bookplates set.  I love pansies and these were so much fun to color with my copics.  The sentiment is from another Flourishes set - Autumn Blossoms.  I really like the little flourish on the "Thanks".  It looks so elegant!   All throughout the DTGD challenges I was trying to keep my cards somewhat clean and simple.  With 42 cards to do in 7 days, that was sort of important to me!  But I also wanted to make them pretty enough to send and not be embarrassed, so I tried to add in extra touches like stitching, buttons, gems and ribbon.   It was SO much fun to find my own style again and not try to copy someone else!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

7 comments:

Heather said...

Your card is gorgeous Tricia!!!!

Heather Rogers said...

These are beautiful, Tricia! I love the pretty purple Pansies and your ribbon treatment looks fabulous. I will have to remember that! :)

Jodi Collins said...

SO beautiful Tricia! LOVE the curved panel and the beautiful image! Awesome ribbon treatment too!!

Allison Cope said...

Freakin' gorgeous Tricia! I am in love with your colouring and your colour palette! Stunning!

Melody said...

Beautiful card Tricia!! The coloring is so pretty and I love that curve at the bottom.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful.
luv
Debby

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Tricia, this is stunning!