Monday, June 02, 2014

{Gina K Designs} Here Comes the Sun Stamp TV Kit Blog Hop



The Cast and Crew of Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Cast and Crew will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! As you hop through the blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will be choosing ONE winner and the prize is a Grab Bag of fabulous Vintage Cuts and Shapes that match the Here Comes The Sun STV Kit, as well as some other embellishments and goodies to match the kit!  To see the winner announcement, check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.

I'm SO excited to be participating in my first hop as a designer for Gina K Designs.  What an honor!  And what could make it more exciting still?  I get to show you cards made with the newest Stamp TV kit!  WooHoo!!  It's fantastic!  Have you ordered yours yet???? 

Let's start with a couple of cards with the Ship to Shore set...


My first card is clean and simple - featuring the pretty red designer paper included in the kit, some stamping and a fussy cut heart.  The finished card size is 4.25" square.  


This next card is my FAVORITE.  I started by sponging Turquoise Sea, Grass Green and Sweet Corn ink on a piece of Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Heavyweight White Cardstock.  Then I stamped some of the images from the set onto the background using some GKD Black Onyx ink.  I stamped the birds twice in a row to get the varying colors.  I stamped the compass an extra time or two in GKD Grass Green ink just to add some dimension.  After my background was all prepared I attached a matted sentiment tag and stitched the completed focal panel to a white mat.   The stitched mat is popped up using foam tape over a Turquoise sea mat which is layered on the Grass Green card base.  Honestly, that took my longer to type out than it did to make!! : )

Now a couple of cards with the Flower Builders set!


In the kit you'll find this pretty piece of white designer paper covered with vines.  I decided to use that as my base and add some stamped flowers and dots to dress it up!  I used Passionate Pink and Sweet corn inks and stamped the pretty little bold flower and dots on my paper, then cut it to size and matted it on Black Onyx cardstock.  After adding my sentiment I also added a piece of white cardstock that I had embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.  It added some texture and gave me the perfect place for a few of the brads that are included in the kit!


My last card uses the pretty bold flower and leaf sprig from the kit, as well as lots of embossing.  I love the texture of the embossing directly over the stamped leaves on the white panel, and there are polka dots everywhere... Polka dots make everything better! : )  The other set of leaves was stamped in Grass Green ink onto Grass Green Cardstock and then cut out by hand.  I attached the sprig under my two-layered, popped-up flower to add some more dimension to my card.

Thanks SO much for stopping in to see me today!  Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration from the kit, and leave lots of love.  I've seen some of the cards and they are wonderful, plus there is a fantastic prize up for grabs!  Here's the info and the list ...
.







62 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

I sooo love that last card! Wowza!

And we too are thrilled to have you on our team! So looking forward to working with ya!

Unknown said...

LOVE all of your cards -- especially the sea one! You have a fun bright style!

Karen Hightower said...

Wonderful cards Tricia. Love all four of them. :)

Karen Hightower said...

I'm so thrilled to hop and see all the wonderful cards that have been created, I smooth forgot to tell you that I look forward to working with you… Congrats My fellow Team Member.. :)

Unknown said...

LOVE what you did to the vine paper. I'm so going to "borrow" that idea. :D

Teri C said...

Great job on these!

scrappinmommom said...

Great job on your first blog hop!! Loving that red card, so very pretty. Yet, they are all so great. Keep us inspired. Thanks for sharing.

KayC said...

I love the the card with the birds etc on it, just so nicely done.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I am so thrilled with your appointment to the design team. And, I am loving all the beautiful creations you made with the new TV kit.

Unknown said...

Like all of them, but love the idea of the paper being the focal point of the one card, with the additions on the bottom making it complete.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Your cards are all wonderful, and I especially like the way you shared them with us too!

Nana Griffin said...


So great to see all your wonderful card ideas. You did a marvelous job on them all. Congratulations on being on the design team and looking forward to seeing more of your ideas.

Linda said...

Love your cards. And my fave is the same as yours. The colors go so well and blended as they are makes for a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing!

Gayle said...

Love your amazing cards, Tricia. Looking forward to many more days of inspiration. Welcome to Gina's team.

klarcher said...

love, love, love the Oh Happy Day card

Unknown said...

Thanks! Love them all. The colors are so vibrant! Beautiful!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Great cards, love them all especially the stitched and inked 'let God steer your ship' card. Congrats on joining the design team.

Yogismom said...

I think my favorite is the card with the birds and compasses. I really like the background! Really good technique, thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Really lovely cards.

Anonymous said...

Really lovely cards.

Melanie said...

I love how that sponged background looks like an old land sea map! Great job!

Linda said...

Hey friend, I love you second and third card those are so pretty. You out did yourself. Great blog too!thanks, hotwheels Linda

CindyRomanDaversa said...

Beautiful cards!

Gabi said...

Your cards are utterly amazing! Love the way you created the different backgrounds. Very creative and very beautiful!

Regina said...

Love the second card too. All of them are very pretty.

Lisa K said...

I love the one with the birds, compass, and you even sewed around it! The flowers are great too.

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the second one. The vine treatment is great

Cammi said...

Welcome to the team! ANOTHER talented designer to give me ideas, and take me out of my comfort zone. I love you you "dressed up" the already pretty patterned paper!

Sharon Underwood said...

Beautiful cards! I like what you've done with the backgrounds.

Sharon Kent said...

Love, love your cards.

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards with this new kit!

Leslie said...

Congrats on your new designer gig! Gina's lucky to have you! Your cards are gorgeous and thanks so much for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards, beautiful colors and designs! Welcome to STV, you're going to love it here! :)

Unknown said...

Love the cards!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards! I need this kit

spolack@cox.net

Unknown said...

Hi Tricia!

I like your cards, and my favorite is the "Oh Happy Day" card. Very pretty!

- Andrea

Unknown said...

Such lovely cards! Thanks for sharing.

Diana said...

Beautiful Cards - Great inspiration - Can't wait to get the kit. Thank you.

L.A. De Valk said...

Very nice cards. I'm partial to red so those two really got my attention. Beautiful.

Debbie Corbari said...

Completely wonderful Tricia! Your favorite is mine too! You have amazing talent girl!

Louise H. said...

Tricia, your favorite is also my favorite. The way you created dimension is so awesome. My next favorite is the one with the flower builder stamps. I love the colors you used. The pink pops off the card. Thank you for the ideas.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. They so inspire me to get going. Thanks

Barbara said...

Congrats on being on the design team. I love all of your cards, but your favorite is my favorite too.

Unknown said...

Tricia, we are so happy to have you on the team! You are so incredibly talented! These card projects are absolutely stunning!!!!! Way to go! Hugs! Seanie

Nancy said...

You did a wonderful job on all of your cards! Congratulations on being on the design team too and looking forward to seeing more of your ideas. If I had to pick a favorite...it would be...well I can't! LOL

cairn1 said...


GREA CARDS, YOU MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY. I REALLY LIKED THE 1ST CARD BECAUSE IT WAS SO CLEAN AND
SIMPLE. LOVED THE NAUTICAL CARD,
COLORS WERE GREAT.

Unknown said...

All of these cards are beautiful, I can't wait to see more of your work!

Monica said...

Very nice, I like them all. The "let God steer your ship" is my favorite.

Unknown said...

Great cards! Thank you for the inspiration. I love how you dressed up the white vine patterned paper.

Susan White said...

Beautiful cards Tricia, I love everything nautical. I especially like your first card with the anchor.

Lagene said...

Love all your cards, especially the pink flowered one!

Judi said...

I can't help going back to the first one. So bright and cheery .. Would make MY day if I got something like that in the mail. Thanks for sharing

Sharon said...

Love your cards! Just beautiful!

Jamie said...

Very pretty cards. Love the colors in the "Let God steer your ship" one.

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards. They are actually ALL my favorites. Great job and great hop.

dobie1950 said...

I ordered my kit and I am waiting patiently for its arrival. I love all of the layouts.

Rosy Newlun said...

FABulous! Wow, what a beginning on your new journey with STV!!!! Congrats and yes, polka dots make everything better :)

Cheryl S. said...

All wonderful cards but my favorite is "Let God steer .... ". Love this kit.

Laura's New Place said...

Your cards are great. I can't choose the one I like best!

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Congrats Tricia on making it on the Design Team. All the cards you made with the new kit are awesome, you are definitely a wonderful addition to the team.

Helena Wilde said...

I love the flowers. Just kidding, I love them all.Lots of love from Helena.

Barbara Howell said...

Congratulations on your first Gina K Blog Hop. You knocked it out of the park, your cards are just great. My favorite is the one with the sponged background. Thanks for sharing.