Tuesday, June 02, 2015

{Mojo Monday} The Glory



Wouldn't that be a stamping dream come true??  To work with Julee and those fabulous sketches and her sweet team every. single. week??  Sigh.

OK, enough dreaming - let's talk about the card.  I used stamps from three of my favorite places Verve - for the sentiment - Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - for the JustRite background stamp - and Gina K - for the pretty butterfly.  Which , by the way, is another reason I love challenges like this... I can mix and match my stamps!

I stamped the Rose Garden background stamp in Versamark and clear embossed it on a piece of white cardstock.  After I cut the circle out of the corner with a BluePrints die by MFT, I sponged in the rays using Gina K's Sweet Corn and Innocent Pink inks.  I cut another circle to inset into the corner and stamped a verse from Verve's Scripture Medley 2 in the same inks, and then swiped the center with Dark Chocolate ink to make those words stand out.  Then I stamped a butterfly from Gina K's Warm Spring Wishes set on vellum and white embossed it.  I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers on the back and with a Wink of Stella brush on the front.  It is SO sparkly in real life! : )  A few Prima Sugar Dots and some matting and I was done.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tricia



5 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow, Tricia! This is just stunning! Love the way you sponged the rays of alternating colors on the background. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Mojo Monday!

Greetings by Gosia said...

Tricia, this card is beautiful. You achieved such a lovely and subtle look in the sun's rays--they look like they're twinkling. I love the verse that you used, too.

Nana Griffin said...

Love the sun ray look.

Karen Day said...

A really gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Wonderful and inspirational!